The Business Analyst shall be responsible for performing strategic business analyses for various departments in support of corporate goals and objectives. This includes cataloguing and documenting business processes and sub-processes in order to discover inefficiencies. The Business Analyst will also re-engineer processes and sub-processes as necessary for the purpose of determining and meeting the company’s technology plans. As such, this individual will be the main liaison between the IT department and business units.
Full time, Employee
Bachelor's Degree, certification, or diploma in appropriate field of study
Submit Your Resume Now
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of business structure
- Costs benefit analysis
- Processes modeling
- Understanding of networks, databases, and other technology
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Planning and monitoring
- Variance analysis
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
- Research and review processes that support business functions and system requirements.
- Flowchart business processes to define operational activities, procedures, and models.
- Collaborate with project managers, system owners, and end users to further refine business operations requirements and goals.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and develop strategies for enhancing them.
- Identify omissions and errors in business requirements by conducting feasibility studies.
- Evaluate findings to develop new processes.
- Create and/or prototype new procedures to enhance business processes, operations, and data flow.
- Perform analysis of job impact on business users; monitor impact scenarios throughout development and implementation life cycles.
- Design, develop, and distribute training for impacted business users.
- Integrate new or revised business processes for incorporation into strategic decision making.
- Prepare technical reports for use by IT staff personnel in support of technical services activities.
- Manage and coordinate research and/or survey databases, as applicable.
- Perform data analyses as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives both internally and externally.
- Provide consultative and technical support to the executive team and other strategic decision-making groups.
- Conduct system requirements and regression testing.
- Manage, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of third-party consultants engaged in contracted business process activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, certification, or diploma in appropriate field of study (computer science, finance, or business administration) or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ direct work experience as a business analyst.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing business and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience modeling and mapping business processes using proven methodologies and models.
- Understanding of common tools, such as Google Analytics, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite, Power BI or Tableau, and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot Tables), MS Access and VBA
- Experience with Power BI and/or equivalent toolsets also considered a plus
- Expertise in designing, developing, and implementing re-engineered business processes and associated software and hardware.
- Direct knowledge of database management and various data retrieval methodologies, including data importing to spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Able to write operational procedures in both technical and user-oriented language.
- Ability to troubleshoot business process changes, errors, and subsequent modifications; must be able to do this with the work of other analysts.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.