Sales Representative – Ontario
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Full time, Employee
University or college degree in 2-3, or an acceptable combination of education
Submit Your Resume Now
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Problem Solving
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Result Focus
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Conduct a minimum of 5 sales presentations per day by physical visits to customer locations.
- Make minimum 10-15 personal cold calls per day to drop off literature to potential clients and gather information to make a future appointment
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)/service(s) while on-site.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Periodically conduct information-only presentations, such as seminars, trade show demonstrations, and other efforts.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company Account Managers and marketing staff of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- University or college degree in 2-3, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of direct work experience in an external sales capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Professional demeanour, selling style, and appearance.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and/or passport.
- Experience with customer relationship management software.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.