Graphic Design Intern
E-Commerce Business Manager
Our internship program is looking for a dynamic and driven Graphic Design Intern that is interested in exploring a career that is rewarding personally and professionally. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for quality control, print file setup, and proof creation. The Graphic Design Intern will assist the e-commerce team with the preparation of packaging dielines. This individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media, and software tools to develop comprehensive layouts for the production of printed materials.
The duration of the internship will be a 4-month term, on-site at Crownhill Packaging headquarters in Brampton, Ontario. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- Complete dielines and proof art files promptly according to all printing and development specifications
- Ensure accurate, consistent, and timely creation of print-ready files
- Design electronic and printed materials for publications, marketing materials, websites, and other channels
- Integrate multimedia concepts with graphic design elements
- Provide technical graphics assistance to marketing and e-commerce team
- Create digital assets to support new product launches
- Retouch and manipulate images using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ensure packaging designs accurately represent our clients’ brand
- Present final designs to management for approval
- Evaluate market trends and analyze packaging design
- Working with suppliers and vendor partners to collect digital assets
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other content
- Write and edit marketing copy, as required
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Time management
- Evaluate market trends
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in marketing, business or a related field
- Strong understanding of graphic design and marketing principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a deadline driven environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong graphic design and image editing abilities
- Previous experience with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD
Crownhill is one of the largest distributors of quality packaging products in North America, with offices and state-of-the-art facilities in Toronto, Collingwood, and Chicago and have been creating custom packaging solutions for over 35 years. We are your one-stop source for great service, selection, and a whole lot more. From design and fabrication to fulfillment and logistics, you can count on us for expert advice and solutions that are right for your business. Crownhill is a proud member of the Packaging Distributors of America, being the only member with operations in both Canada and the U.S.A.
Crownhill Packaging Ltd. is a proud equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to providing accommodations in all stages of the recruitment and hiring process in accordance with applicable laws (including human rights and accessibility legislation). If contacted for an employment opportunity, applicants are required to advise Human Resources if they require accommodation.